Roberto Abraham Scaruffi

Monday 30 May 2011


Chabad.org
Iyar 26, 5771 · May 30, 2011
This Week's Features
Jewish Life
Supporting families with special-needs children
"If you have a child with special needs, you experience similar things, whether it's grief over losing the dream of having a 'perfect child,' or dealing with challenging school systems and difficult grandparents and communities that make them feel excluded," said Dr. Jeff Lichtman, the national director of Yachad...

By Deena Yellin
Voices
For years, I never made the connection between the customary Shavuot decorations of flowers and any deeper feeling these decorations were supposed to engender. I always noted the presence of a few flowerpots in synagogue, then ignored them...

By Yvette Miller
Editorial & Commentary
Judaism recognizes that we all have the power to change. But it doesn't happen on its own. It doesn't happen simply because we grow older...

By Sara Esther Crispe
On Being Jewish
It's got to be one of the toughest marketing problems of all time: selling Orthodox Judaism. You've got all this long black stuff. And then there are the hats . . .

By Matt Lipeles
Pictures with a Purpose
Columbia, MD
Noah was the first to observe the mitzvah of feeding one's animals before oneself.

By Michoel Ogince
Parenting
Okay, so I yelled a little too loudly when I yelled at my daughter. Okay, so maybe she didn't deserve as much of my anger as I let out. But, she did deserve some of it, didn't she? I mean, could I just let it pass? Not say anything? Who would she become, then?

By Jay Litvin